Nevae
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enter Nevae, a world where monsters are the dominant force. Humans, elves, and dwarves are no longer the ruling races, instead driven to the brink of extinction by the murderous Yuan-ti. But chaos cannot rule forever...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Koraph

Character Sheet
Class: Wizard
Current Hit Points:
Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition Left_bar_bleue30/30Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
Current XP:
Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition Left_bar_bleue1300/2250Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition Empty_bar_bleue  (1300/2250)

Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition Empty
PostSubject: Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition   Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:04 pm

Koraph heard that the book of "V" is currently being written by the "Wizards by the Coast"

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/10/arts/video-games/dungeons-dragons-remake-uses-players-input.html?_r=1

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4ll/20120109

Your opinions on the subject?
Back to top Go down
Gyrax

Gyrax

Character Sheet
Class: Paladin
Current Hit Points:
Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition Left_bar_bleue4/42Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition Empty_bar_bleue  (4/42)
Current XP:
Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition Left_bar_bleue2300/3750Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition Empty_bar_bleue  (2300/3750)

Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition   Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:01 am

Myself? I'm still plowing through the set of 3.5 books I just bought, and feeling so lost you'd think I'd never played DnD before. Not exactly in the best mood to try and get a grip of yet another one! But that's just it. I'd need to have played through at least two different editions before I get perspective for a new one.

Personally? I think player input is crucial, but it's not exactly a new idea. We'll see how it goes.

Things I've learned by comparing 3.5 to 4th:

- The skills on 3.5 are convoluted as all hell, and the simplicity of selecting skills for 4th is a huge relief. I'd go with 4th edition skills for the most part, but at least add a few more, specially Engineering and Craftsmanship, which are sorely absent.

- Removing the Chaotic Good and Lawful evil alignments from 4th does not make things more simple, since their absence is pretty obvious even for someone who had never been acquainted with the alignment system before, and do they really think players are so dumb that they can't make sense of both concepts? Bring them back.

- Race builds for 3.5 are more sensible, since they are not afraid of working with penalties. It's just hard to accept the idea from 4th edition that gnomes and dwarves start off with similar STR. That being said, I still find 3.5 races more frustrating to work with. It's hard to make a halfling character that isn't completely useless unless it's a rogue, for instance, and even then, the slower speed is very crippling. Why is it so hard to imagine a small creature being speedy?

- Spells are terrifyingly complicated on 3.5, but at least you can do a lot with them. They're not all combat oriented, and the rituals on 4th edition don't seem to be that much fun in the lower levels.

- Half Orcs are too butt ugly on 3.5, and too tame-looking on 4th. What has happened to the fine DnD tradition of stealing from other source materials? Go rip off Blizzard and make the half orcs look like their orcs. Imposing, beastial and sexy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toonbat.deviantart.com

Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nevae :: Out of World :: The White Mare-
Jump to: