Nevae
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enter Nevae, a world where monsters are the dominant force. Humans, elves, and dwarves are no longer the ruling races, instead driven to the brink of extinction by the murderous Yuan-ti. But chaos cannot rule forever...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyrus "Bones" Strago

Cyrus

Character Sheet
Class: Chaos Sorcerer
Current Hit Points:
The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago Left_bar_bleue38/38The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago Empty_bar_bleue  (38/38)
Current XP:
The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago Left_bar_bleue2250/3750The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago Empty_bar_bleue  (2250/3750)

The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago Empty
PostSubject: The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago   The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago EmptyMon May 31, 2010 2:19 pm

This is the tale of a man named Cyrus Strago. From a young age, he was gifted in the arcane arts. It was hard for a human to get anywhere in this world, but Cyrus struggled, soon joining one of the few human magic academies spread across the world. Once in, he would spend day and night studying, taking very little time for social activities. He eventually grew into a moderately attractive young man, sporting a head of short brown hair and at least managed to keep in shape. Upon graduating, he wandered out into the world, looking to gain more knowledge. But first, our hero, sporting a red sorcerer's cloak and carrying his staff, would stop by his home village to visit his family and show them what he had accomplished! It was on his 'To-Do List", after all. But upon arriving, he had learned the village was burnt to the ground by goblins, who had also slain everyone within the village.

"... huh." Cyrus proceeds to pull out a quill pen and his list. "Visited family... check!" After his surprisingly short visit, he went off again to pursue more knowledge yet again, deciding to mourn his family at a later time.

... still waiting for that mourning.

While visiting a tavern, he had overheard something about a wise sage who lived on the peak of a nearby mountain. "They say he's the wisest man ever. He knows everything!" Cyrus listened in, smiling wide. If this sage knew everything, then the obvious choice was to go visit him! "Then I shall be the one to seek out this sage! For only I- Lyndwell Cranix, Sorcerer Supreme- am worthy to learn from him!", a loud tiefling spoke up. Cyrus blinked, then stood up. "Like hell you are! What kind of jack ass proclaims himself 'sorcerer supreme' anyway!?" The room fell silent, everyone turning to look at Cyrus. "... aw crap." The tiefling stormed up to him, towering over him by a good couple inches. "Now you see here, human germ, the wise sage would not want to waste his time with... this.", he says as he motions over Cyrus. "You motioned over a general area...", Cyrus stated, which Lyndwell simply responded with "Exactly!" Cyrus glared, his ego getting to the best of him now. "Fine then! Let's have a contest to see who the worthiest is!" "Very well then!", Lyndwell responded as he raised his hands, fire and lightning shooting out from them. "I accept your challenge for a duel!" "WHAT!? Oh lord, no! I simply figured we'd have a race! Whoever reaches him first gets to learn from him!" "Oh."Lyndwell turned off his magic, seeming dissapointed. "Well, alright, a race it is then."

And so, the two prepped themselves for the journey ahead, both human and monster gathered around to watch the two, seeing them off.

It was a perilous journey, the two practically keeping up with one another. Days later, the two were close to the peak, both climbing the only safe area of the mountain. Thus, arguing ensued... "Horned freak!" "Pinkie!" "Devil spawn!" "Lowly human bug!" Lyndwell was so focused on arguing, he wasn't paying attention to where he was climbing, and thus ended up slipping. Instinctively, Cyrus reached out, grabbing his arm and holding him. Lyndwell dangled underneath him for a moment until he finally got a good grip on the mountain side, then the two scaled up to a flat space so they could rest. "... you... you saved me.", Lyndwell stated. "Well, yeah, you're a jerk, but I don't really hate you. I mean, I barely know you...." "You SAVED me! This whole time, I was told humans were selfish and cruel, but you..." "All I did was grab you, wasn't that hard...", Cyrus said non-chalantly, waving his hand. Lyndwell smacked his hand aside. "You fool! You've shown me the light! Perhaps not all humans are bad..." With that, Cyrus rolled his eyes. "I... guess you're okay too." He shrugged. The tiefling then turned to him. "Then enough quarreling! Let's put aside our differences and learn from the sage together!" For once Cyrus agreed, nodding and smiling. "Alright then! We're gonna learn the hell out of that man!" Then Lyndwell lied back. "Gah, but I'm still tired out from my near death experience..." "I'll go ahead then.", Cyrus said, resuming his climb. "I'll come back when I find him!" "No no, it's fine, I'll be up in a bit..." he said with a sigh, relaxing.

When Cyrus reached the top, there was an old dwarf, sitting there. He had heard Cyrus approach, sighing heavily. "Lemme guess... you want my knowledge too?" Cyrus smiled and nodded. "Oh, yes sir! My friend and I, we wish to-" "Friend? There's TWO of you!? Or for... look! I am sick of all of you people coming up here just to gain knowledge! Maybe for once I'd like some time alone!", the old dwarf said as he stood up, turning to Cyrus. "Give me one good reason why I should teach you anything!?" Cyrus thought a moment, scratching his cheek. He then simply shrugged. "I... I dunno... I mean, if you have all of that knowledge..." "Who said I knew everything? People forget to mention that I know everything there is about cooking!" Cyrus' jaw dropped. "C-cooking? We came up here for a cooking sage!" "Sage? I'm not a sage! I just come up here to relax! I always come up here when I'm on vacation!" Cyrus blinked in awe. "you know what, forget you and forget your friend! I'm going home early!" With that, the dwarf started to climb down the cliff, but instead slipped and fell. "AAaaaaa..." Cyrus watched over the edge, failing to grab him and watch him dissapear from sight. "... aw, that's a downer."

Upon hearing the scream, Lyndwell reaced up the cliffside, looking around. "Hey, what happened? Where is he?" Cyrus looked over the cliff, then back to Lyndwell. "Uh... he fell." Lyndwell blinked, then narrowed his eyes. "Fell... or you pushed him?" "What? Why would I..." "You felt if you couldn't have the knowledge all to yourself, no one should have it!", Lyndwell said accusingly. "Oh, come on! If I wanted you to not have it, I would have dropped you back there!" "All a ruse! You tricked me!" Cyrus simply gave up. "Look, he's dead, let's just go home..." "NOT SO FAST!", Lyndwell shouted before moving in front of him. "You will pay for this trickery!" With that, he grabbed the sides of Cyrus' head, filling his body with arcane energy. "Hey, what are you- OW! Cut it out! HEY!" Then upon Lyndwell releasing him, Cyrus started to feel odd. He looked down, seeing the flesh from his hands start to drip like candle wax. "W-hey! My skin!" There was then a loud plopping sound, prompting Cyrus to lift his robes and look under him. "My organs! Wait, is that my-!?" "Cocky now, are you?", Lyndwell said with a devioius laugh. "Let this be a lesson to those that mess with me- Lyndwell Cranix, sorcerer supreme!" And with that, Lyndwell disappeared in a puff of smoke, leaving Cyrus, now a living skeleton, on top of the mountain. "...Well, at least I lost some weight."

After having finally scaled down the mountain, Cyrus returned to the tavern he was in before, plopping at the counter beside a minotaur. The minotaur looked to him, tilting his head. "Say, have I seen you before?" Cyrus let out a sigh. "No, I'm afraid not." He then turned to the large beast, extending his bony hand. "I'm Cyrus. Cyrus Strago-" "That name is stupid! I like Bones better! I'm gonna call you Bones, or so help me Kord, I'll smash your skull!"

And from that day forward, Cyrus, or Bones, as some refer to him now, had made it his goal to find that tiefling that cursed him, or at least find a way to restore his body some other way.

It was on his To-Do List, you know.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Grimlock64
The Goddess
Admin
The Goddess

Character Sheet
Class: God
Current Hit Points:
The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago Left_bar_bleue100000000/100000000The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago Empty_bar_bleue  (100000000/100000000)
Current XP:
The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago Left_bar_bleue0/0The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago   The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago EmptyMon May 31, 2010 3:22 pm

Brilliantly done, Cy...err...Bones. 200 xp will be added to your character sheet!
Back to top Go down
https://nevae.rpg-board.net
Gyrax

Gyrax

Character Sheet
Class: Paladin
Current Hit Points:
The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago Left_bar_bleue4/42The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago Empty_bar_bleue  (4/42)
Current XP:
The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago Left_bar_bleue2300/3750The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago Empty_bar_bleue  (2300/3750)

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago   The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 11:44 pm

He was a parsley sage...

...rosemary and thyme.

*rimshot!*
Back to top Go down
http://www.toonbat.deviantart.com
The Goddess
Admin
The Goddess

Character Sheet
Class: God
Current Hit Points:
The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago Left_bar_bleue100000000/100000000The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago Empty_bar_bleue  (100000000/100000000)
Current XP:
The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago Left_bar_bleue0/0The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago   The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 11:55 pm

Cyrus: based on your back story, you get the Born of Magic backstory bonus. Please add +3 to your arcana.
Back to top Go down
https://nevae.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago   The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago Empty

Back to top Go down

The Rise and Fall of Cyrus Strago
Page 1 of 1